Saturday, February 20, 2010

The First Step Is Admitting You Have A Problem

I admit it, I am a ramen addict.  I love those MSG laden instant noodles.  When I went veg, I thought I would be relegated to certain brands of "Oriental" flavor, and that was it.  But then I discovered the joys of the Asian Grocery.  There are so many strange and wondrous flavors, so many packages with "artificial chicken flavor (celery.)"  Wheat noodles, rice noodles, even bean thread.  I loves me some noodles.
Check out this lovely number, for example.  You may thinking, "Noelley, that is chicken.  It's not veggie."  To which I reply with the "compositions" list:


That's right, mushroom powder vegetarian diet condiments.  I have no idea how this passed customs, as this plainly does not tell you what's in it.  I had my omnivores taste it first, and none us of thought it tasted anything like chicken.

No comments: