Saturday, March 6, 2010

My First Fan Mail


I sent this letter to Jerry Holkins, AKA Tycho of Penny Arcade on February 19 of year.


Dear Mr Holkins,

I am a long time fan of Penny Arcade, and there is a character I haven't seen in a while that I'm a little worried about: your cat.  Was it based on a real cat?  If it was in the comic in the late nineties, it must be pretty old these days, if it is still alive at all.  My condolences if this is not the case, and apologies for bringing up the death of your (possibly fictional) pet.  I must confess I'm not a regular reader of the news posts, and you may have mentioned this already.  I would be extremely grateful if you could assuage my fears as to the well being of this historic Penny Arcade character. 

Thank you for your time,
Noelle Stoffl


This is the comic from March 5:



Are these two events related?  I have no idea!



Penny Arcade is obviously copyright its creators, with thanks and apologies from yours truly.


No comments: