I just submitted a pair of pictures to This is Why You're Thin with the promise of posting a pair of recipes here.
The first is Sam's flax rolls, which are amazing. (makes 12 rolls, easy to double for big parties or freezing)
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 Tblsp. sugar
1 1/4 cups white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 Tblsp. ground flax seed
3 Tblsp. water
2 Tblsp. oil or margarine (we used smart balance)
Muffin Tin, oiled/sprayed
Clean Hand Towel
1) Mix flax and water in small bowl and set aside
2) Dissolve the yeast in the warm water
3) Stir in sugar, half a cup of each flours, and salt into yeast mixture. Beat until smooth
4) Add flax and oil
5) Add the rest of the flour, beat smooth
6) Cover with a cloth and let sit 30 min or until doubled in size
7) Stir raised dough and divide into greased muffin tin
8) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
9) Cover and allow to rise 20 to 30 minutes, until risen to top of pan
10) Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until done
Ta Da! Sam's Awesome flax rolls and some ugly soup!
The next is the homemade raspberry vinaigrette. This one is a lot less exact, sorry for not having any measurements.
Soy Sauce (tiny amount)
Honey (tiny amount)
1) Mix it all in a watertight lidded container to taste
2) Let it sit and think about what it has done, at least twenty minutes
Awesome yummy salad made even better by fabulous raspberry dressing!